If you’re reading this page, you’re probably looking for better results for your organization in the marketplace. Maybe you’re not reaching your goals for
- Generating leads
- Converting opportunities into deals
- Retaining and upselling customers
- Recruiting and retaining employees, donors or volunteers
- Fundraising from investors or major donors
Working with a strategic communications consultant supports all these goals. Contact me today for a free consultation on marketing that motivates your prospects, funders and staff to act.
More About Me
I am a B2B marketing and strategic communications consultant with more than 25 years of experience. I have a passion for the organizations, goods and services that make life better for all. My domain experience spans including multiple sectors including energy and utilities, publishing, education, enterprise software, and big data analytics and visualization.
- I was publisher and co-owner of The Local Planet Weekly, an alternative newsweekly in Spokane, Washington. We won numerous awards for our coverage, including national AAN awards in features for our coverage of 9/11, and in media criticism, for our coverage of public/private finance involving Spokane’s daily Spokesman-Review newspaper.
- I worked for Itron, one of the leading global Smart Grid vendors. The energy industry is a complex world at a fascinating juncture. Itron’s marketing group and approach taught me much about brand, discipline, and execution.
- I served as Strategic Communications Manager for WestEd, a nationwide non-profit agency for education research and service. Here I saw the power, possibility, and sometimes missed opportunity of marketing in public and social sectors.
- I was Senior Marketing Manager for Space-Time Insight, an analytics software company for big data and the Internet of Things. There, I launched advanced analytics applications for energy, water, and workplace safety.
- Recently I served as Director of Marketing for Great Place to Work, a leading human resources consultancy that researches and publishes the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For.
I have a wide academic background:
- Executive MBA from the University of Nevada, Reno
- MFA in Writing from Eastern Washington University
- BA from Whitman College