If you’re reading this page, you’re probably looking for better results for your organization in the marketplace. Maybe you’re not reaching your goals for
- Generating leads.
- Converting opportunities into deals.
- Retaining and upselling customers.
- Recruiting and retaining employees, donors or volunteers.
- Raising funds from investors or donors.
Working with a strategic communications consultant supports all these goals. Contact me today for a free consultation on marketing that motivates your prospects, funders, and staff to act.
More About Me
I am a B2B marketing and strategic communications consultant with more than 25 years of experience. I have a passion for the organizations, goods, and services that make life better for all. My domain experience spans multiple sectors including energy and utilities, publishing, education, enterprise software, and big data analytics and visualization.
- Recently, I worked as Director of Marketing at Silverback Data Center Solutions.
- In 2017, I served as Director of Marketing for Great Place to Work, a leading human resources consultancy that researches and publishes the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For.
- I was Senior Marketing Manager for Space-Time Insight, an analytics software company for big data and the Internet of Things. There, I launched advanced analytics applications for energy, water, and workplace safety. (Nokia purchased the company.)
- I served as Strategic Communications Manager for WestEd, a nationwide non-profit agency for education research and service. Here I saw the power, possibility, and sometimes missed opportunities of marketing in public and social sectors.
- I worked for Itron, one of the leading global Smart Grid vendors. The energy industry is a complex world at a fascinating juncture. Itron’s marketing group and approach taught me much about brand, discipline, and execution.
- I was publisher and co-owner of The Local Planet Weekly, an alternative newsweekly in Spokane, Washington. We won numerous awards for our coverage, including national AAN awards in features for our coverage of 9/11, and in media criticism, for our coverage of public/private finance involving Spokane’s daily Spokesman-Review newspaper.
I have a wide academic background: